It’s Hump Day!!!! Wednesdays usually put me in a good mood because the week is halfway through. Does anyone have super fun plans this weekend?
Lately, I have been trying to find ways to make my outfits more exciting. Not everyone can afford to buy a new wardrobe every weekend. Most of us have a closet full of staple pieces that we rotate through each week. I was tired of wearing the same pieces together because everything started to look a little blah. Here are a few tips for you to make the most out of your wardrobe.
- Switch it up– This is always fun. I love pairing pieces that I usually do not put together. You may feel hesitant at first, but fight through it and try it on.
- Add more texture– By doing this you will automatically make your outfit stand out. This can be done by adding leather, fur, pleats, and suede. There are more ways to add texture, but these are just a few of my faves.
- Something new– Adding a new piece to an outfit can take your old outfit and give it a fresh new look. Think of it as an outfit face-lift. You can add statement jewelry, a scarf, tights, a hat, or a cardigan/jacket.
- Mix and Match– This can make a few of us feel uncomfortable. It is OK to wear prints/patterns that you would not normally pair together. Throw on a striped top with a polka dot skirt or a herringbone jacket with a printed dress. Personally, I think that this is really exciting and is a great way express your personal style.
- Hair and Makeup– This is one of the easiest ways to give your outfit a new look. I can get stuck in a rut when it comes to my hair and makeup. I like my hair a particular way with certain outfits. Break the routine and try a new hairstyle and throw on a new lip color.
Be brave. Be Bold. Feel confident in your “new” outfits and fall in love with your wardrobe again. Go and explore your #Chardonnaystyle.
P.S.-Feel free to comment below if you have any questions on how to follow the tips provided above.