With Christmas right around the corner, I have been thinking a lot about what presents I want to see under the tree. When writing posts about purses, sweaters, shoes and accessories, it is pretty easy to get lost in the materialistic side of Christmas. Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE to give and receive gifts, but I also have everything a girl could want. I have the best gift of all! My husband! Get ready for a super cheesy post about how much I love Jason. I am the luckiest girl in the world because……
- He is supportive– When I decided to start my blog a year ago, Jason was one of the only people who believed in me. He encouraged me to keep going when I became discouraged and would literally do anything to make my dreams come true.
- He is thoughtful– Jason always puts others before himself, especially me. He comes up with the sweetest gifts and takes me on the cutest dates. Ever since high school (when we met) he has been blowing me away. When Jason and I were first married and super broke (I mean couldnt afford groceries or gas broke), he would still find ways to go above and beyond for me.
- He is loving– We have been together for 10 years and Jason and I are more in love now than ever before. I come home from work and he is listening to Dean Martin and making Italian food. He is the cutest.
- He is helpful-Jason would drop whatever he was doing to help someone out. He is always the first one to help out someone in our family. If you ever need help moving…..call him up!
- He puts up with my crazy– Sometimes, I can be a little over the top. I am either super hyper or super anxious about things and he can calm me down. He also plays along with me when I am goofy. It is not easy being married to a blogger and he does a great job being a good sport.
- He is my best friend– Before we started dating, we were “just” friends. We would sit together in study hall and goof off and get in all sorts of trouble and jokingly plan our future life together (who would have guessed that it would be even better than we originally planned). Jason and I like the same things and have so much in common. We can have fun doing anything, as long as we are together.
- He is funny– Jason has always been hilarious. He makes me laugh all the time. It is so hard to stay mad at him. One time in high school, he dressed up like batman and wore tights and batman underwear and ran through the halls.
- He is romantic– There is never a boring holiday or date night. Jason always makes everything special and romantic.
- He is hardworking– Jason is one of the hardest workers I know. He tries so hard at everything he does. He doesn’t agree with me, but he successful at everything he does and puts so much heart into it. I am soooooooooooooo proud of him.
- He is just the best– I could go on and on about all the things I love about my husband. I truly feel like I have won the lottery. We argue and get frustrated with each other, but always end up making up and saying “I love you” before we go to bed.
If I woke up on Christmas morning and did not see any gifts under the tree, first I would be shocked, but then I would think about how lucky I am to have the most amazing and wonderful person by my side. I hope you all have a wonderful and merry Christmas! Hug your loved ones a little tighter and think about what really matters this holiday season!