I hope all of you had a wonderful weekend. Were any of you lucky enough to get MLK Jr. Day off of work? I happened to be one of those lucky people and three day weekend was rejuvenating.
A lot of you have been asking about the products that I use on my hair. I figured writing a post about my morning hair routine would be the best way to explain the products. Let me start by saying, I am totally hard on my hair. I do not follow any of the damage control steps that are recommended. For example, I brush my hair when it is wet, pull my hair into super tight ponies, and sometimes tease my hair like crazy. I know that I probably should not do these things, but I am pretty stuck in my ways. Do any of you have this problem too? Due to all of the damage I do to my hair, I need to use a lot of products to help repair it.
Here is my reparative hair routine:
- I usually wash my hair every other day. On the days that I do wash my hair, I first use purple shampoo. Then, I put the Mudslide restorative hair mask on my hair for 5-10 minutes.
- After I have toweled dried my hair, I apply the Moroccan Oil heat protectant spray and comb through (this stuff smells super good)! I then blow dry my hair.
- Before I use another hot tool (like my straightener or curling iron), I spray my hair again (lightly) with the heat protectant.
- Once my hair is styled, I use the Money Maker hairspray to hold everything in place. I love this stuff because it does a great job of keeping your hair styled, without weighing it down.
- When I curl my hair and want to add a little more volume, I use the Triple Sec. This stuff is magic and takes your hair from boring to glorious.
- The finishing touch is the Sparkling Soda. It is the most fabulous shine serum I have used. I usually spray it on my hands, then apply it to my hair. I tend to spray too much when I apply it directly to my hair.
That is pretty much my hair routine in a nutshell. Please let me know if you have any questions about any of the products. Go and explore your #chardonnaystyle.
Shop My Look and Products